Friday, May 30, 2008

Ohhh, it was a crazy day!!!

Today started out O.K., then the J-Boys got out of bed. The kids were crazy all day long. I managed to get a few loads of laundry done and meals. Then right after lunch I started preparing dinner for a family who just had a baby at our church. Yes, I know I have been doing that a lot lately we have some fertile Myrtles there :) So I made a lasagna for them and for us. I also decided I was going to make some garlic bread sticks. Now a little side note here, I CAN'T MAKE BREAD!! There I said it and I feel better. Not really I am so mad that I cannot make homemade bread other than the bread machine. The yeast doesn't like me or something, but I have tried to make my own bread, didn't work tasted like yeast. I then tried my hand with these great looking pumpkin rolls, they tasted like yeast. I have tried making my own pizza dough, again tasting yeasty. Do you see a pattern developing here? The yeast it mocks me, it laughs it defies everything to not do what it is supposed to do. So then I thought I had the upper hand I came across a blog called Tammy's Recipes, she had a recipe on there for bread sticks and get this--they have no yeast!! Bingo I have hit the jack pot and what better way to say how much you care than to make someones bread to go with the homemade meal that you prepared for them This was going to be great!! I first had to run to the corner store for milk wouldn't you know we were out. It is never a good thing having to run in the store for one item and it takes you 30 minutes with 3 J-Boys running everywhere.

We get back home and I start to make it, then J#3 gets into my lid drawer and throws my glass lid to one of my pots onto the tile floor. I pause to clean up mess and I get back to working on what I know will be the best garlic bread sticks ever!! I get them in the oven and I wait, they are done. They smell pretty good, but they are not looking so good. I let them cool then I take a taste test. Well the good news is they didn't taste yeasty they tasted floury. What?!?!?!?! Why, why after everything now this!! I have been defeated.

I get the meal that I prepared and get the kids in the car so we can stop on the way for some store bought garlic bread that doesn't taste like flour. We drop the meal off and the kids are running crazy in their house while I am trying to talk with her and gaze upon the beautiful baby.
Then we have to stop at Mardel's really quick to see if they have a book in that I am looking for. I don't grab a cart, mistake #1. Turns out they don't have the book so I am leaving and I run into an old friend who I have not seen in awhile. I stop to chat, mistake #2. The kids now are done pretending to be obedient and they start running and being loud. I get onto them then the next thing I know they are doing it again. HELP ME!!! So a not-so-nice lady that works there told us to move to another area they can't hear anyone on the phone. We move and I finish the conversation with my friend while having my kids in a headlock, er I mean sitting down on the floor. Then we leave.

I still have to stop at the store to get something else which I have forgotten and I try to think if I want to pull my own hair out by the roots or not!! While I am driving to the store, I start thinking about the not-so-nice-lady and wanting to pull her hair out by the roots, er I mean praying about not feeling so beaten down by what someone else says. But it is hard I really wanted to scream at her that my garlic bread sticks tasted like crap and my baby broke a glass lid on the floor and my kids have not had a nap so yes things are a little crazy lady I just want to have one adult conversation DO YOU MIND. I managed to get a good cry out while J#3 was screaming the whole way to the store.

We get out and I look at my boys with the look of death, er I mean love, that they are going to get inside the shopping cart, sit down and be quiet!! We did get in and out of there pretty quickly and then it was on to home where I just needed to put my lasagna in the oven and dinner would be ready. Then I could get them to bed and relax. I am pooped emotionally, physically, spiritually and any other -ly you can think of.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Boy that sounds like a crazy day! Hope you are feeling lovely today though! I like Tammy's Recipe blog too - good to know about bread sticks ;)

One woman, three boys! said...

Oh my girl! We've all had that "not so nice lady" before. I met her at the Library one time remember?
She always comes around when we are trying our hardest to stay in control huh?
She better watch her back. People do come up missing. ")

natalie said...

wow!! what a day!! I pray you have many more opportunities to have adult conversations in the coming week...without any mean ladies telling you to go somewhere else to talk.
Also, if you want an easy bread recipe I have one for beer bread that involves 4 ingredients, (none of them are yeast--and the flour is self rising, so you know it's easy.) It's the best..but I guess it wouldn't go with lasagna, sorry! :)
As a side note: I don't know how you leave the house just to get milk with three..it's hard enough with one!

4funboys said...

I'm thinking you're a wonderful person ... just for making the dinner in the first place!

What a great testimony... that's what it's really about!