Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Don't Know About This.....

A week ago Mechanic Man called me from work and said that his office is having a silent auction for the fish aquariums that they were selling. I said, "and......" He said, "Well, I put in a bid for one of them." I said, "What?!?!?!? I don't want nor need a fish aquarium. Could you have not kept silent!!" "Oh, the kids will like it, " he said. Then when he realized I was freaking out a little he then told me that he put in a low bid so he probably wouldn't get it anyways. You see where this is going don'tcha. Early this week he called me, "Guess what??? I won the fish aquarium." I said, "Well, give it back, unwin it and let the next person with the best bid get it." He began the charm and how he will clean and maintain it and how the boys will love watching it and help feed the fish, blah, blah, blah. So here it is......
We have a fish aquarium. I don't want it, but we have it. I told MM that I was going to draw up a contract and make him sign it saying that he is the sole and only person responsible for cleaning and maintaining the tank, and if any fish croak he disposes of it. I am not happy,
but .....the boys are very excited. We will see how this goes.

3 comments:

One woman, three boys! said...

Sadly as you know we have been there, done that. It looks big. We had a 100 gallon. Did I say that we HAD a 100 gallon? Got too stinky and I got tired of begging for the man of the house to clean it! Want the kids to see fish? Go to the aquarium ")
I take your side on this one.

natalie said...

hehe, this sounds like something I would do...but I would bring home a cat...be thankful it's just fish! :)

Darlene Kuykendall Anderson said...

Oh, am I glad it is you instead of me. I've had the dog (2 hours before giving it to the neighbors), the cat( a few hours before taking it back), the hamster, the fish, the hermit crabs........ what am I forgetting?

In them all, I'd rather have another baby. I have no desire to do the work that goes along w/ any pet not even a gold fish. I have enough going on. A plant MAY get some attention and that's about as far as I'll go. The fish tank is lovely!!! The kids will enjoy it. Neva would know how easy or not easy. SHe had two for a long time. I think if yall do decide to sell, you'll get your $$ back on what yous spent. I don't want to buy one. Hey, I'll help you clean out your fridge sometime. I'd like to come over sometime to help out w/ a little cleaning, the boys, etc... if you'd have me. I love yal very very much!