A couple of towns over from us they had an activity called the Mother/Son Roundup. I decided to take just J#2 since we hardly do anything with just us and he is the one that has gave me the most rebellion here lately. I wasn't sure what to expect, but there was quite a bit to do. We played games, we ate hot dogs and cookies, we rode on a hay ride, we danced and did the limbo!! Here are a few pics....
Here he is on the hay ride!!
We had loads of fun, we met up with Aunt KK and Bubby and had a grand ol' time on the dance floor together. Bubby and I did the sack race together because Aunt KK and J#2 wanted to sit that one out. While I was slow dancing with my boy I just couldn't help, but wanting to cry about him getting older and one day I'll dance eye to eye or maybe even my eye to his chest one day. On the way there I was listening to a country station and the song by Trace Adkins "Your Gonna Miss This" came on. The chorus goes like this:
You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.
Take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this.
I just wanted to bawl, even typing the words makes me want to cry. Here I was driving my little boy to a "roundup" and dance and play games with him and one day he is going to be to big and not want to do that with me. It just makes you appreciate being a mom and cherishing EVERY DAY even the hard ones. The one thing that I want to do with my boys is create memories, that is what last. I know when I lost my mom those are the things that I can look back on, the memories the pictures that reminds me of all the great times. I love all my J-boys so much, and I plan on building many memories with them.
You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.
Take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this.
I just wanted to bawl, even typing the words makes me want to cry. Here I was driving my little boy to a "roundup" and dance and play games with him and one day he is going to be to big and not want to do that with me. It just makes you appreciate being a mom and cherishing EVERY DAY even the hard ones. The one thing that I want to do with my boys is create memories, that is what last. I know when I lost my mom those are the things that I can look back on, the memories the pictures that reminds me of all the great times. I love all my J-boys so much, and I plan on building many memories with them.

1 comment:
One of my favorite things to do is have "dates" with the boys! They love "alone" time with Tony and I... it's cherished time because it's time that is well fought for.
Had we not started doing it when they were little... I doubt it would remain a priority for them as they grow older! You'll LOVE it when they choose spending time alone with you, over time with their buds!
Post a Comment