Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Bluebonnets in Texas

You know that it is spring in Texas when you see our beautiful state flower the bluebonnet. It grows along side highways and every you look. So the tradition is you always want to get your children right in the middle of them to take a picture. Of course without trampling them or picking them because it is against the law. Here is a pic of the J-Boys...


Since this was the first picture I have gotten with J#3 and the bluebonnets
I tried to get him by himself.

"So J#3 what do you think of the bluebonnets?"

Here is a pic that J#1 took of a butterfly he saw among the bluebonnets.

"No, really J#3 what do you think of the bluebonnets?"
Well, a pic is said to be worth a thousand words and J#3 is saying.....
"Get these poking things away from me. Mom, they are touching me."

4 comments:

Tracybug Creative said...

First you have to share where you took those pics.. I HAVE to get out since this will probably be our last year to get some for a long time to come!
2nd Great work J1, I'm impressed!
and um J3--yeah well Pictures speak louder than words sometimes :)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Oh, I had forgotten the bluebonnets in Texas! I lived in Bay City for about 5 years (south of Houston). It's been forever since I thought of them. Thanks for the sweet memory and thanks for sharing your pictures! So cute! (even the crying ones) :)

Have a great weekend!

One woman, three boys! said...

Ah yes. It's that time again. April in Texas! Can't say that I have any excuse for not piling into the van and getting some shots myself! Lazy.
Poor J#3! I suppose teething and bluebonnets just don't mix well. :(

Stephanie said...

J#3 and Bean look very similar in their first bluebonnet pictures. Needless to say I have yet to get more bluebonnet pics since than...need to get out - and snap some though. They are so pretty!