O.K. so I watched this Barbara Walters special last night that was called, "Live to Be 150, can you do it?" It was a pretty interesting show with a lot of scientific things that are being discovered and they are testing right now that could have the potential to extend the average life span to be over 100. They talked to some Centurions (not sure if that is how it is spelled), people over 100 and there are actually over 84,000 living right now in the U.S. The few that they talked to, though were still very lively and had a passion for life. It was remarkable the things that they have seen. The one thing that they all had in common was the fact that they have had to deal with loss of loved ones. So the question shouldn't be "can you do it?", but "would you want to do it?" All of them had lost a spouse or even more than one, they lost close friends and many lost children. That really would be a hard thing to out live everyone that you knew. It seems like to me I would be ready to join the people that I knew in heaven at some point. I pray for a long, healthy, passionate life to a ripe old age, but only if the others around me were doing the same.
One thing that crossed my mind tonight after talking to my friends on this subject is that one of the topics on the special was about recreating parts of the body through stem cells, and how if you have an organ that starts to fail you they can just make you another one. Well, it seems to me if they can do that then why don't they take a closer look at the drugs they put out on the market that are approved by the FDA only to be taken off because of a deadly side effect. And also, on that same note why can't they make drugs that don't have a long list of side effects to them. I mean come on you can create an organ, PEOPLE, make a drug that doesn't give you an eye twitch, diarrhea, constipation, sleeplessness, drowsiness, etc..., I could go on forever, but I won't. I will hop off the soap box ;)
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think that Heaven would be better than this place anyway!
Ok, well this is a serious topic for me to come back over from my blog and say, "Hi, thanks for stopping by!" :)
I don't know that I'd want to live to be 150. I don't know that I like this "creating organs" thing. It's too close to "playing God". I just don't know....
Anyway, thanks for stopping by my place. It is nice to meet you! :)
back from my post...
Comfy undies? Really? Tell me more! I'm sure we could all use some of those!
Post a Comment