Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trip to the Urologist

So I ran around Monday buying groceries and going to the library which is no small feat with the 3 J-Boys taggin' along. Then I had to run home make a dinner to take to a family at our church whose husband had surgery to remove a tumor from his spine which they found out was cancerous, but they got it all, praise God and he has two small ones that they plan on removing in 3 months. So I got home last night fed everyone and put them to bed including Mechanic Man and then crashed on the couch and watched "Fried Green Tomatoes". I know it is an old movie, but I haven't seen it and it was good definitely a chick flick. I wish someone told me I would cry through the last part, I was too tired to get that emotional.

Anyways, today I had a consult with a Urologist because I had a bacterial kidney infection last April then I passed a stone then everything was fine. Until the beginning of the year I would have a dull pain in my right kidney area off and on, no other symptoms so I had a full physical and told my primary about it and she suggested with my history of cancer that she recommended I consult with a Urologist just to get everything checked out. So all three J-Boys and I went and consulted with the Urologist I brought school work for them to do which kept them some what busy while I talked to the doctor. He suggested that I get a CT scan done of my abdomen as soon as possible and he also wanted me to give a sample in the bathroom I know TMI, but just picture me and all three J-Boys in the potty while I obtain the sample and all of them curious as to what I am doing. No privacy for a mother! So the doctor said he will send it off and do a more extensive test to check for infection and cancer cells. I feel pretty confident that everything will come out fine, but you know always in the back of your mind you get a little worried. So I am praying that all will be fine and I get a clean bill of health, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Danette said...

LOL! I love those potty moments with all the kiddos asking questions...mine usually come during "that time of the month"...I can just imagine! Anyway, keep me posted, we'll be praying too.
D