Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mayday! Mayday! We need back up here...

I am the woman that hasn't had a shower in who knows how long and I am on the corner of Frustration and Tiredness.

Well, after talking to a friend of mine and looking up symptoms on the computer (don't you love the internet) . My kids possibly have whooping cough. That site even had an audible of a child coughing. My boys do not have the deep whooping sound when they cough, but they have a hard time breathing with a coughing fit and usually spit up/vomit some type of mucus. The Chinese call it the 100-day cough, seriously????, I can't go 1 more day much less 100 days!! Anyways, we went back to the doctor who stated that it could possibly be pertussis, but without a blood test they would not be able to know for sure. I opted not to have to hold my children down to get their blood drawn. She recommended an antibiotic to take for 5 days, which she said she would have them on regardless what the blood test showed. The problem is J#1 can't keep the medicine down before he throws it up. Thankfully J#3 has kept his down. They want to see them back next week if nothing has improved. I pray SOMETHING has improved by then.

Regardless as a mother's role there is no back-up really. Dad is only home briefly between sleep and work. My mom would have helped, but she is not here. A friend can only do so much because they don't want their children exposed which I totally understand. So, pretty much it is me and Jesus. Believe me I have been praying and pleading and praying and pleading for this to end SOON!!

The other night when I was so exhausted and J#1 was laying with me watching T.V. he kept turning to me and saying, "Mom, I love you". I said, "You do? Well, I love you, too." He said, "Yeah, you take good care of me." I started crying. I guess that gave me what I needed to keep going. When this is all said and done I could sure use a day out with a massage though :)

3 comments:

Jo Brock said...

I am so sorry. How hard. That is so sweet what J#1 said...that would make it a lot easier for me also! I will definitely pray that this passes SOON!

Tracybug Creative said...

I am praying for you and your family daily. May God supply you with courage and strength to get through this.

Stephanie said...

I hope ya'll are feeling better today! I have been praying!