Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Non-Fish Tank....

Mechanic Man finally got the tank cleaned up and in the house a week ago. So all last week the J-Boys looked at the non-fish tank and kept asking "When are we getting fish?" I would tell them that maybe in a day or two we will go get them. Daddy needed to do some repair work on the tank. That contraption you see at the top of the non-fish tank....Let's take a closer look..


Yes, that is a vice grip. While daddy was pouring in the water somehow he broke the plastic piece in the middle there that keeps the tank from bowing out and keeps the glass in on the top.
And that is why he is called Mechanic Man, he is trying to fix the problem. In the meanwhile, we could wait no longer and our non-fish tank has officially become a fish tank!!!
We have 5 goldfish now! That makes us officially pet owners now doesn't it. I think I am breaking out in hives!!! Anyways, we went to the pet store which by the way I don't usually ever go to one so I didn't know what to expect really. You know maybe some fish, birds, dogs, supplies etc...I was not expecting a goodie bar for dogs right in the middle of the store. I had to slap my kids hands to get out of it because it looked like cookies and crackers for them to eat. Then when we checked out I had no idea that there was about 10 different pet magazines that you could read either. As you can tell I am not much of a "pet person". I have enough to do with three boys I don't want to have to clean up after anything else. Maybe one day when the boys are grown I'll be the old lady with all the pets, not!!

J#1 had another game this morning. The last two games they have had him play the pitcher position in the outfield. So he gets a lot of action since most of the balls don't go farther than him. He likes it and it keeps him from getting bored. He got a lot of runners out at home plate, they gave him the game ball for all his efforts.


Here is a pic of J#3 and daddy watching brother play ball. J#2 actually took the shot, pretty good for a 4 year old.
That's my boy getting ready to run to second.

3 comments:

One woman, three boys! said...

Nice work on the tank! Goldfish are not the fish you want to have in that tank. They are poop machines! Honest.
You'll be cleaning it out more than you want. How about some nice sword tails? They make babies easy and keep your tank supplied ")

natalie said...

lol, those tiny fish in that huge tank. I think they may die pretty fast too...you may be flushing a lot more now! :)

Kila said...

Yeah, with boys around I don't want to clean up after pets, either! My boys want a whole room full of aquariums!

Be sure to test the water often. Get a test kit if you don't have one.