Sunday, February 10, 2008

Momentous Day...

Yesterday was a momentous day for two reasons. One, the Christmas Tree is finally down and packed away up in the attic. Yes, I know what you are saying, "Isn't it February?". Yes it is, but I look at it this way at least we are a whole six weeks earlier getting it down then last year!!! I had actually taken all the decorations off the tree and the mantle and every where else they were scattered about the second week of January. It has taken Mechanic Man this long to take it down and put it away. Sometimes it is hard waiting on the husbands :)

Second reason it was a momentous day was that after lunch Mechanic Man said to me that I was to be ready to go by 5 pm. I asked where were we going and he said it was a surprise. So I am thinking that WE were all going somewhere. So much to my surprise Mechanic Man had his sister come watch the J-boys and we went out to dinner and a movie, by ourselves. I am not sure that has happened since J#3 was born. Wow, did it feel funny not having a child on my hip or being interrupted while we were talking and I got to eat all my food while it was hot. Woo-hoo, the things that we get excited over after becoming a mom. By the way we saw Fool's Gold and we both enjoyed it. Mechanic Man thought it was going to be a chick flick, but it wasn't. It had comedy, romance, action and a plot, I really liked it. For that surprise Mechanic Man is forgiven for taking 4 weeks to get the Christmas tree down!

No comments: