Yes, you read correctly. I am getting organized, but I don't know if de-clutterfying is a word. My thought is that maybe, just maybe I will be able to keep things more tidy and put up if there isn't so much clutter!! Things pile up fast, without you really noticing. So I am on a mission and today was the kitchen. Now, it was a task trying to pull everything out and then either throw it away or put it in a box to give away with all three J-Boys in there wanting to help. I did manage though to get through all cabinets and drawers except one today. I will tackle that one tomorrow along with the pantry. J#2 decided to help re-organize the pantry for me. It was already cluttered, but now it is cluttered and with all the food everywhere. Here are a few embarrassing pictures. Yes, people I am going to share the clutter that is my life!
This is my plastics cabinet where I keep all the plastic containers and mixing bowls. This is the way it looked with some of the stuff pulled out. You know that I counted at least 20 lids that had no containers!! Where are the 20 containers that belong with them?? I have no idea, but I didn't think twice about tossing all of them out. I do believe a few of those lids belonged to containers that I purchased when I got married. That is fixing to be 13 years! Oh, my, note to self, don't hang on to anything for that long. Well, maybe one thing, :)
This is it now, all organized and clutter-free. I don't have a over all picture of the kitchen, yet still some re-organizing left to do, but I will post a picture when it is all tidy! I am also going to paint the kitchen walls. I am in the mood for some color on the walls. We have lived here 8 years and I have painted the boys rooms, but not any other areas. I am feeling adventurous and the start is the kitchen. I am so excited. I will shoot before and after shots.

1 comment:
I think de-clutterfying should be added to "The Mom Dictionary" I like it, and have been doing the same thing... I'm having a Junk sale if you want to drop it off tonight!
Post a Comment