Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What is up with........

What is up with paint? I finally got the nerve to have my kitchen painted this green color which I really like and now I am trying to find a good color to compliment the green in my kitchen for the breakfast area and living room. My problem is it looks good in the can, but not on my wall!! I want to find a warm golden color. Not too dark not too yellow. It is just not happening. I got some that I might just have to go with and "feel" it on the walls for awhile and see what happens. My friend G came over yesterday and was helping me this is what we accomplished...

We have paint splotches on the wall that don't look anything like it did. Paint is weird. I know that lighting plays a huge effect on it, but come on the one in the middle looked gold and pretty in the can and I get it up there and I think it looks like Grey Poupon was smeared on my wall. We are going to keep trying and see what we come up with...

and

What's up with children and cleaning their room? J#1 and J#2 have had to clean their room everyday since they were little and it still is a battle. The thing is I tell them to clean and I will go look and it "appears" to be clean, but upon further inspection it is not. If I fail to do further inspection for let's say a few days then it is really bad. Hence this morning they were to clean I go inspect and find stuff shoved everywhere. I tell them to organize their big toy bin and only put what is supposed to be in there. They come out and say they are done..

"See mom it is cleaned up only stuffed animals in there."

I turn around and the stuff that was in the toy bin is now...
on top of a shelf.. So I explain what I want them to do and I come back after they say it is done and now....
some stuff is put away, but the majority is behind the door. Oh, help me!!! We go over what it means to clean their room all the time. I tell them they are doing double the work, but right now it just doesn't sink in, and for J#3.....

he stands around and supervises. :)

5 comments:

Tracybug Creative said...

You should scour fabrics of all sorts, look everywhere for the color you want in some material, be that a dress, a rug, a table cloth, Keep your eyes peeled the right color will jump right out at you. Hopefully it will not be on a $200 dress..purchase that item and take it to the paint store to match your paint too... this has worked over and over for me!

and as for the cleaning..yeah that's why God gave us 18 years!

4funboys said...

Oh... the joys of painting...
I had to go back 7 times to get the right color a couple of weeks ago. NOT fun- but worth it in the end.

good luck with your project.

ps... my boys are "cleaning rooms" as we 'speak'.

To help motivate them to do a good job... whoever needs "more practice cleaning"... gets to help do mom and dads room too- so they've learned to do a REALLY good job in their own rooms... b.c. mom and dad's room is "too big and takes too much time to clean"... ha

Kila said...

LOL about the paint. I did the same thing a few months ago. I kept buying cans of paint, putting some of it on the wall, then trying a different color, etc. I hope you find just what you are looking for!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the room cleaning thing!
K is 13 and I still have to "GO CHECK" after he is done.
Sometimes it really looks good but then watch out if you look in the trash can, under the bed, behind every piece of furniture.
I found about $3 in change along with other things that were not trash one time when J and K cleaned his room a few years ago.
When he gets home from Pine Cove, he has some cleaning to do. I just helped him clean out all his drawers and they are already in need of some attention.
Some kids and even adults are good at cleaning the way we like and some are just not.

Stephanie said...

Oh - how I love the amazing way paint can transform a room. I also love trying out paint from the "oops" section at Lowe's or Home Depot. I have scored some amazing deals there!