Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Recap...

Well, I just noticed this weekend that I never posted about our Christmas. Between holidays festivities and birthdays around here I am just now getting to it..

On Christmas Eve we went to the holiday service at church. I have posted some about our church raising money for wells in Liberia. All of the money was counted up and we found out at the service. Our goal was $20,000 and being a fairly small church we all thought that was going to be difficult, but the Lord always shows us ways. As a church we raised $42,000!! Our pastor was crying so hard he couldn't talk, I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. We will be able to build the 2 new wells and also repair 7 more that have been damaged and that is not currently working. So that provides clean drinking water for about 10,000 people in Africa. God is truly amazing on how he touches the hearts of his people.

After service we ran home and I bathed the kids and got ready for our Christmas Eve tradition-eating cheese and rotel dip and drinking ginger ale with lime sherbert while playing a game together.

But before we started the game Mechanic Man wanted to show the boys on the globe where Liberia, Africa was and talk about the money that was raised.

Then onto game time. Oh, do you happen to see the cute p.j.'s J#1 and J#2 are wearing?

I made them. I worked feverishly before Christmas Eve to get them both done. They got to pick out the material for them. J#1 is a cowboy print and J#2 is, of course, John Deere. They turned out well for my first time.
Here they are Christmas morning. J#3 is going to get his new pajamas sometime :)

Then came the ripping of paper time..

About mid-morning Papa came over bearing more gifts for them.
For some reason I didn't get a pic of MM's mom who also came over for our Christmas lunch and also had gifts for the boys. It was a great family time.

2 comments:

One woman, three boys! said...

Praise God for the money that was raised! That's awesome!
I love the PJ's!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

$42,000! That's something else! It's so encouraging seeing so much generousity.