Monday, October 6, 2008
Love Blogland....
I know I have mentioned how much I love my BF's (Bloggy Friends), well yesterday I was checking blogs and one of them linked up to another blog that had a recipe for authentic Mexican beans and rice. It was authentic because they lived in Mexico and you know they know their cookin'. While I was checking out her blog I stumbled across that she has 11 kids with the 12th on the way. They are missionary's in Mexico, really cool. And I love this part she homeschools on top of it!! Talk about super woman! She is so humble and loving in her writing it really is a joy to read, so while I was checking out some of her stories it dawned on me that part of J#1's curriculum said that he should try to have a pen pal with a missionary child in another part of the world since we are studying "cultures and countries" this year. So I wrote a comment on her blog and asked if it would be possible for my son to write one of her children, I thought it would be a safe bet that one of the 11 was around 7 years old. She responded back quickly saying that she had a daughter who was 7 and a son who was 8. J#1 decided he wanted to write to a boy so I e-mailed her back about it and we got it set up. Now where, but in blogland could I have ever come across this family and was able to set up a pen pal for J#1 in another country. Totally awesome!! J#1 is super excited and tells EVERYONE he sees about his pen pal. I can't wait to find out what neat things we will learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that's awesome...teach that boy to be missional!
That's so great! and how great to be blessed w/ such a large family! And you know she'll have her son actually write letters (as opposed to some pen pals who don't do great a job--I was one who failed on my side. :))
That is cool! What a great idea!
great idea!!
Post a Comment