Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Fall Ya'll

Finally, it is officially cold here in Texas. Can I get a yee-haw?

Anyways, it really is momentous when you can bring out the winter clothes here in Texas that have been stored up for so long and put on a sweater and slip the knit hats on the kiddos when they go outside. It actually got up to 80 degrees right before noon then the bottom dropped out and it is chilly. I am so ready for the cold weather and I am hoping it stays here, but as the ole' saying goes around Texas "if you don't like the weather just wait a minute and it will change". Unfortunately we can't put away the shorts just yet, but for now we will enjoy it while we have it. Maybe even get a fire going, curl up with a good book and a hot cup of tea. It just doesn't seem right carving a pumpkin while wearing shorts, it's just wrong or eating Thanksgiving dinner in flip flops, but it is what it is. Can't say I would want to live anywhere else though, I mean we are so close to oil refineries and are in the top states for the lowest gas prices right now. That stands for something, right?

No comments: